Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Pre-Departure

Tomorrow morning, way to early for the fact that it's already after 11, I get on a plane and fly halfway around the world, touching down in four countries in 36 hours. It feels surreal still--surreal that first year is over, surreal that I've already been home and then to NY, surreal that I am going to Cambodia tomorrow morning. I am fairly certain it won't feel real until I get on the ship.

I am looking forward to the trip with much more excitement and less fear than last time. I am not entering a completely strange world this time (only slightly strange), I know more of the language entering than I did last time (which honestly doesn't take much), and I've met the people who will meet me at the airport. I am also a completely different person than the one who sat in this position in 2009. Once again, I know I am supposed to be there. I am looking forward to being more unplugged, more in the moment, more centered. I am looking forward to the beautiful people, the children, the experience. It will change me and that is amazing.

Thanks to all who have supported me in getting ready and in my first year. Really, I know I am blessed. Love to you all, and God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment